Young Innovate is a national-level STEM-based design competition open to secondary schools in Malaysia. The primary objective is to re-ignite children’s passion in STEM and inspire them on a path of life-long learning.
KEY SALIENT POINTS
1. Design embedded system solutions to solve real-life problem
2. Based on MAKER open source platforms such as Arduino, 3D Printing, Python
3. Program includes learning, problem identification, solution design before culminating in a competition
4. University undergraduates serve as mentors at schools throughout the program
A STEM-based design competition opened to all walks of life in and out of Malaysia.
Award Presentation Flow
1. 1 team of Best Video – RM500 & RM 500 worth of components for school
2. 7 teams of Excellence Award – RM 500 worth of components for school
3. Second runner up – RM1000 & RM 500 worth of components for school & medals & trophy
4. First Runner up – RM2000 & RM 500 worth of components for school & medals & trophy
5. Winner – RM 2000 & RM 500 worth of components for school & Trip to Shenzhen Maker Open Competition & components & medals & trophy
Registration deadline : 30th June 2015