To spark interest in science & technology, and create a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship among young people in Penang and Malaysia through a 2-days makerthon for secondary school students to learn programming and electronics with Arduino, introduction to 3D modelling, design thinking and presentation skills.
We have received approval from Jabatan Pendidikan Negeri Pulau Pinang to conduct our program. Principals and teachers do not need to submit any documentation to JPN.
The fee is ZERO cost for government schools to sign up for our program.
Transportation, breakfast and lunch
Provided by us for free!
Venue: Penang Science Café @ Heritage (Wisma Yeap Chor Ee)
Duration: 2-days, from 9.00 am to 3.30 pm
Target: Secondary schools
Number of students invited: 40 students
Number of escort teachers invited: 4 teachers
i. Computational Thinking 101: Introduction to Arduino Embedded System
ii. 3D Modelling 101: Introduction to 3D Modelling using SketchUp
iii. Design Thinking 101
iv. Presentation 101
v. Prototyping + Pitching
All equipment for teaching materials will be prepare by us.
We need teacher to help us to
1. Inform and notify principal of our program
2. Schedule a time for the program (arrange with Natashya)
3. Arrange 40 students to participate in the program
4. Inform and notify student’s parent for approval.
5. Prepare student name list (softcopy and hardcopy) and escort teacher name list before we go to school (for documentation purpose required by government body)
For any enquiry, please contact Natashya.
Mobile phone: 014 5990 837 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Watch the video here: