21th December 2014, Sun (9am – 12pm)
Have you ever wondered how an acoustic guitar, xylophone, panpipe, and organ produce the amazing sounds we hear? How neat would it be to go home and tell your parents you made a musical instrument in school today? You may not realize it, but the musical instrument utilizes principles of energy transfer to produce the sounds we hear.
- Design a device that utilizes physical principles of energy transfer.
- Explain that high frequencies produce high-pitched sounds, and low frequencies produce low-pitched sounds.
- Distinguish between frequency and amplitude.
- Work as a team and cultivating leadership skill.
- Exert their creativity during the ongoing activities.
- Cultivating engineering problem solving method and mindset.
- Enthusiasm and discover the funny things about the SCIENCE.
- Relate the concept of SCIENCE to the daily life.
Time : 9am – 12pm
Age Requirement : 9 – 12 years old