WORKSHOP IS CANCELLED.
13th June 2015, Sat ( 9am – 12pm ), Age: 11 – 14 years old.
Virtual Reality or VR, this term became popularized especially in the gaming field since after Oculus VR actively invented some amazing VR related products.
What do you think of when you heard a term “Virtual Reality” ? Do you imagine someone wearing a clunky helmet attached to a computer with a thick cable?
There are a lot of definition on the web about the “Virtual Reality”, to make it more easy to understandable, VR is computer-simulated life by using computer technology to create a simulated, 3D world that a user can manipulate and explore while feeling as if he/she were in that world. Basically, it should include:
- Three-dimensional images that appear to be life-sized from the perspective of the user
- The ability to track a user’s motions, particularly his head and eye movements, and correspondingly adjust the images on the user’s display to reflect the change in perspective
The Objective of the workshop is to:
- Let student to experience Virtual Reality and understand how it works in their younger age.
- Let student to of assembler a Virtual Reality kits for their own and testing it out with Andriod smartphone.
- Let student to have a brief idea on linking the computer engineering with the daily applications.
- Let student to know the application of virtual reality in lives.
- Cultivating engineering problem solving method and mindset among student.
- Let student to discover the funny things about the SCIENCE.
- Exert student’s creativity during the ongoing activities.
Age Requirement : 11 – 14 years old
Things that participants are required to bring to workshop:
4~5 inch Android smartphone, Pen/Pencil.
*Student can bring back the Google cardboard after the workshop.
Workshop organiser: Tee Huey Yi