This course is an introduction to woodworking specially for beginners who have limited or no experience working with wood and power tools, and who may wish to be a Maker in their own right.
For a limited time, this course comes with ONE MONTH FREE MEMBERSHIP at Rekayu, worth RM80.
In this guided learning course, you will be taught how to operate power tools safely and effectively and will produce a lidded box.
The course is for 12 hours and comprises 2 x 6-hour sessions.
Day 1: Cut and assemble the components:
– How to use a Cordless Drill, Mitre Saw, Table Saw, Random Orbit Sander and Nail Gun.
– How to drill clean holes.
– How to measure precisely and cross-cut boards.
– How to cut Dados (slots/grooves) using a table saw.
– How to make simple Rabbet Joints.
– How to sand wood.
– How to glue pieces together and clamp them for maximum strength.
Day 2: Complete the Assembly and apply finish.
– How to use Chisels, a Band Saw and Belt Sander.
– How to cut open a box to make a lid and main box.
– How to add hinges.
– How to prepare the box for applying a finish.
– How to apply a Lacquer finish.
Must be 15 years old and above.
Those from 15-18 will need a parent/guardian to sign a waiver.
Besides that, must be curious yet patient, able to use tools responsibly and to follow instructions. Everyone can craft something out of wood – so most of all you will need a desire to use your innate skills to craft and create.
1. Covered Shoes
2. Your own dust mask if you are sensitive to sawdust or fine airborne particles.
3. A great attitude and a yearning to learn and improve in a team environment.