Students will learn how to install a Linux operating system on their computer. The distribution used in this class will be Ubuntu.
Tutorial sessions for this workshop are conducted one-to-one.
1. Creating a bootable USB installer from Ubuntu.
2. Installing Ubuntu as either a dual-boot or standalone operating system on their computer.
3. Additional computing knowledge associated with the process.
1. A working desktop/laptop to install Ubuntu.
2. Spare USB drive. Note that all data on the spare USB drive will be deleted in this process.
3. Internet connection.
4. A Gmail account.