Penang Science Cluster (PSC) is launching the first of our Design Challenges.
Our PSC Director and Chief Geek, Yoon, is sponsoring a RM500 cash prize to the best design that meets the challenge.
1st Challenge Description:
Design a system to levitate an object with more than 2 cm clearance in the air. Object must be more than 10 grams and more than 2 cm at the widest point. The system must be capable of levitating an irregular shaped object although this need not be demonstrated.
Rules and Conditions:
- Registration is required to participate in the Design Challenge.
- You may register as a team (no limit to number of team members) or participate individually.
- Here is a RM 40 registration fee, of which RM 20 will be added to the RM 500 Grand Prize jackpot.
- All participants that successfully meets the challenge is eligible to claim RM 100 from PSC. Those who wish to exercise this claim must give their creation to or build another system for PSC.
- Participants can use any materials to build the globe.
- Participants can view teardown sample of a levitation system at PenangScienceCafe @Krystal Point.
- Participants are required to explain how their levitation system works.
- The Grand Price will be given to the winning entry that is the most elegant and capable (easy to levitate, can levitate heavy objects, artistic etc). Winner must be able to disassemble and reassemble their creation. The winning entry will be given to PSC for display, as well as rights to duplicate the system.
- Design challenge ends, and judging will happen on Sat, 1st Nov 2014.
- Participants may come to PSC to get feedback on their design anytime before the end of design challenge.
- Have fun!
Registration Fee: RM 40
Register Method: Eventbrite:
Penang Science Cluster
5571 3923 4300
(Send the transferred slip as prove to email@example.com)
Individual or Group’s Name:
After Register kindly send your Registration Form to –> firstname.lastname@example.org